Ms. Baasten practices in all areas of school law. Ms. Baasten received her undergraduate degree from University of Notre Dame and her Juris Doctor degree from Loyola University of Chicago. She also earned a Certificate in Child and Family Law from Loyola Law School’s Civitas Program. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Baasten worked as a Certified Public Accountant for a public accounting firm in Chicago. After law school, Ms. Baasten completed a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Sophia H. Hall in the Chancery Division, Circuit Court of Cook County before entering private practice. She lectures frequently on special education requirements, student matters, and employment issues for clients, training programs, and Illinois conferences. She is a member of the National Council of School Attorneys and the Illinois Council of School Attorneys and was recognized by Chicago Magazine as a “Rising Star” in the area of school and education law for several years.
- 2008 Admitted to the Bar of the U.S. Supreme Court
- 2006 Admitted to the Bar of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- 2004 Admitted to the Bar of the State of Illinois
- 2000 Certification: Certified Public Accountant, State of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Council of School Attorneys
- National Council of School Attorneys
- School districts, special education cooperatives, and regional offices of education throughout Illinois
- Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education
- Illinois Association of School Boards
- PESI, Inc.