Ms. Starks received her B.S. and M.A. degrees from the University of Illinois and worked as a journalist, bureau supervisor, and broadcast editor at The Associated Press for 23 years. She earned her Juris Doctor degree and Labor and Employment Law Certificate from IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2010. Before joining ECB&S, she worked as Assistant Corporation Counsel in City of Chicago Law Department, Labor Division. Since 2012 Ms. Starks has also worked as an adjunct professor at IIT/Chicago-Kent, where she teaches legal writing. She concentrates her practice in the areas of labor and employment law.
- 2011 Admitted to the Bar of the State of Illinois
- Black Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater Chicago
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Council of School Attorneys
- National Council of School Attorneys