Ms. Hinkle received her undergraduate degree from Carleton College in Minnesota, and her Juris Doctor degree from Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago. She practices in all areas of school law with a concentration in labor and employment, special education, and other student issues. Ms. Hinkle also has experience in municipal law. Ms. Hinkle has successfully represented public sector clients in judicial and administrative proceedings, including proceedings in federal and State trial and appeals courts, special education due process hearings, teacher dismissal cases, and proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the State and federal Departments of Labor. In addition, she has served as a Special Assistant State’s Attorney. Ms. Hinkle regularly presents to administrators and personnel on a wide array of school and employment law topics.
- 1998 Admitted to the Bar of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- 1994 Admitted to the Bar of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- 1994 Admitted to the Bar of the State of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Council of School Attorneys
- National Council of School Attorneys